Monday 19 October 2009




Bags. For fashion, bags are the essential item for both women and men. Fashion. Fashion trend changes fast, and sometimes it is really hard to keep up and does require money. My main concept on this up cycle project was to produce a new product of fashion using the past trend. Cloths such as jeans and T-shirts don’t normally wear out but falls behind the trend and therefore I applied those main principles of the property into my idea.

The bottom part of the bag, I have used the sole from the shoe. The main purpose of the shoe is balance. As a woman, when I place the bag down and when the bag falls and flips around unattended, I wished that perhaps something that balances the bag will be helpful to let it stand. Shoes are also an item that changes the trend consistently. Shoe laces are also applied into my product as the tightening the bag.

From top to bottom, the finish of the fashion for today.





6 comments:

  1. I like how the bag resembles a pair of jeans and with the shoe mark on the bottom. My only problem would be that the material used is not really unusual since bag with jeans as material has already been done before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the detail that went into this design. I like how it turns pants pockets into bag pockets. It has a nice quirky factor about it but the single shoe sole not apposed to another one doesn't work for me as much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice design, very functional, but may be not too much of a new idea.. And if you're using the shoe sole as the base for the bag, you have to make sure you've clean it properly so that it doesn't smell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like how u used your old jeans to make a bag along with a shoe sole for abit of a steady base..quiete thoughtfull. the stripe tshirt on the inside of the bag gives it a little inside texture..pockets on the outside of the bag would have been great espcaily the jean pockets..well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the thought process you went through to achieve your final product. Using a shoe sole as a reinforcement for the base is a good idea. I think overall the design is good but maybe it lacks a bit of originality

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you created this bag really well and I love the quirks of the design i.e. the crotch zipper, the jean pockets, the shirt lining on the inside - you've gone into great depth of detail which is very admirable.
    The shoe sole, though a creative idea, looked a bit out of place in the final product. Maybe, as the bag itself is symmetrical, the bag needed a symmetrical base to work with the overall design perhaps? Either way I think this is an excellent design and I believe you would be able to market it straight away with a few minor changes. Great work!

    ReplyDelete